The mycologists might argue that mildews are a special type of fungi that appear on the surface of plants and turn them white. To homeowners, mildew is nothing but mold which appears at the sinks and faucets, walls and ceilings, cabinets and wooden appliances and most of all carpet and tapestries. This makes them exceedingly dangerous. It is believed that they can cause respiratory and neurological problems especially if there is an asthma patient at home. It is needless to point out how they can simply take the sheen off a home décor object. These can best make their presence felt on bathroom cupboards as they excel in wet areas. Let’s try and look at ways to remove mildew from bathroom cupboards.
For this purpose we require cleaning solutions, warm water and bleach. We also need latex paints and a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment. We will also require protective glasses and a face mask. Mold removal can additionally require stronger patented solutions if they are resistant to the normal procedure of cleaning, but more or less the mildew removal will work perfectly with the above ingredients. Let us now take a look at the mold elimination steps.
(1) First we need to put on our face mask and goggles.
(2) Next we need to clean the wall surfaces with warm water and bleaching solution. The solution is worked over the bathroom cabinet with a soft brush and then allowed to sit for almost 20 minutes. It’s nicer to use a fan for fanning the settled solutions. This creates a greater impact on mildew.
(3) Next we need to use the brush attachment pertaining to the vacuum cleaner and rotate it in circles to get the right kind of torque for the mildew. The mold already weakened by the solution easily gives in.
(4) We should not overly soak the wood as it can cause immediate warping of the wood.
(5) Next we need to apply latex paint all over the surface of the bathroom cabinet. We must remember to use the mold-proof paints.
Molds are nothing but spores that are carried off by wind during fertilization. Such spores settle on moisture and convert into molds. Thus we can see how it’s nearly impossible to stop the microscopic allergens from growing around us. However, it is still possible to tackle their infestation through many methods. We just discussed one such method above that is well worth handling this issue.